Welcome to Alaska Heat Smart!
Alaska Heat Smart is a one-stop shop available to help you improve your home’s comfort AND to keep more money in your wallet. We are here to answer your questions about your home heating and about switching over to air source heat pumps. We can help you assess how a heat pump can work best in your home and help you estimate your potential cost savings. Alaska Heat Smart is a 501(c)(3) non-profit partnering with CBJ, AEL&P and Renewable Juneau to make these services possible.
Phone or Email Advice
Do you have questions but aren’t sure you want a full home assessment? Call or e-mail us to start the conversation. Alaska Heat Smart can:
- Answer questions about your home heating options and provide heat pump tips based on results from similar homes.
- Provide basic information on energy improvements and heat pump options.
- Point you to additional sources of information, including names of heat pump installers.
ELECTRONIC Home Energy Assessment
We can still do a Home Energy and Heat Pump Assessment over the phone to help you make an informed decision about your heating options. Alaska Heat Smart will:
- Generate, provide and explain a detailed report on your home’s energy use.
- Help identify home energy improvements, including options for heat pump installations.
- Help your effort to obtain bids from contractors.
- Help you identify potential financing options.
- Provide a follow-up evaluation.
Why heat pumps in Juneau?
Save 40%-70% over oil or electric heat | Improve comfort and indoor air quality
Reduce your carbon footprint | Provide cooling for hot summers | Federal TAX BREAK up to $300 (details)